#IAmAWitness

07:00:00


There is a campaign called I See Bullying which I found on Twitter which just sums up what I stand for.

This song is the song used for the campaign and has been one of my favorites ever since came out and the lyrics all about struggle, hope, empowerment, beauty, and love. In the official video, we meet a lot of beautiful people and hear their stories.



 It really opened my eyes, but I see similar things every day. So now is the time to make a stand.

How Bullying Has Affected Me

I've been bullied for as long as I can remember, I've never been your stereotypical girl, I played rugby and then put on my heels on afterwards, so I find it really hard as I'm not a girly girl but I'm also not totally a tomboy, I'm just an awkward mixture. 

So after many, many years of bullying (I'm so used to it so some of it was probably from me in my head), it is fair to say that I have pretty low self-esteem. I try to be confident - maybe too hard - but when I'm uncomfortable, lost, alone or like I don't fit in, I completely shut down which makes it harder on me as that means that I constantly push people away even if I don't mean to.

I started this blog to help people like me, and keep their spirits up or just educate others so that they just understand and maybe think before they act and realise what they've been doing which seems harmless to them but is crushing to someone else.

About this Campaign


90 percent of teens ages 12-17 who have witnessed some form of online cruelty say they have ignored mean behavior on social media, and more than a third (35 percent) have done this frequently (Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project). Research has shown that the bystander can play a pivotal role in stopping bullying.

In a groundbreaking effort to empower teens to speak up when they see bullying, the Ad Council and an unprecedented coalition of media, corporate and non-profit partners launched the I Am A Witness campaign. Developed pro bono by ad agency Goodby Silverstein & Partners, the campaign aims to stop bullying by activating the “silent majority” of kids who witness it each day, transforming them from passive bystanders into a united, empowered and active collective that will speak up against bullying.

The heart of this campaign is the Witness Emoji. Shaped like a speech bubble with an eye in the center, the Emoji enables teens to take a stand against bullying and show support for someone who is being bullied by posting it online or through a text message.

The Emoji is available on iPhone running iOS 9.1. and via a downloadable keyboard available in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. The I Am A Witness keyboard holds a variety of Emoji, GIFs, stickers and messages for teens to use when they experience bullying. They can post the Witness Emoji when they see hurtful comments, or send GIFs and stickers to show support for someone in need. All assets drive to the campaign website IWitnessBullying.org.

What Can You Do?


  • If you know someone who is being seriously bullied - TELL SOMEONE. 
  • SPREAD AWARENESS of the effects
  • Be a FRIEND or a SUPPORT to people that you wanted or would want
  • If you see someone being bullied SPEAK UP
  • TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE
  • THINK about how your ACTIONS AFFECT OTHERS
  • LEARN more about it


For more info visit: http://iwitnessbullying.org/

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images